Window film is a wise investment that benefits home and business owners. Understandably, in any home or business improvement you invest in, you want to ensure it lasts for a long time. Our company will ensure you have the best window films and tints for your home or business. However, there are also things you can do to increase your window’s lifespan to ensure they look pristine for years. Here is a guide on caring for tinted windows.
Carefully Select Cleaning Products for Your Tinted Windows
It’s best practice to avoid using sharp squeegee blades, paper towels, and newspapers on tinted windows because they can leave scratches. Also, it’s best to avoid using ammonia-based cleaning products because they break down the adhesive layers of the window tint. Ammonia-based cleaning products can also break down solar control film, which consists of a polyester base. The film can crack, fade, shell off, or disintegrate when you use the wrong cleaning products.
Can I Use Windex To Clean My Tinted Windows?
Windex has an ammonia-free spray advertised for use on cars. So long as any window cleaning products you see don’t have strong cleaning agents, they should be safe. However, the safest, eco-friendly, and budget-saving bet is to create a homemade window cleaning solution with distilled water, white vinegar, and mild dishwashing liquid.
Step-by-Step Tinted Window Cleaning Tips
- Create a spray bottle solution of three tablespoons of white vinegar, half a teaspoon of liquid dish soap, and two cups of distilled water.
- Spray the tinted glass with the solution and wipe it with a microfiber cloth.
- Using a squeegee, wipe away the soapiness, then move the tool vertically and horizontally from top to bottom. Next, remove any suds from the window sill and frames with a dry, soft cloth.
- Rinse the glass by spraying it with clean distilled water, then use the squeegee to remove leftover water. Then, wipe the window surface with a dry microfiber cloth. Avoid leaving any wet spots behind.
Other Maintenance Tips to Note
- Newly tinted windows need time to set before cleaning. Thirty days after the installation is usually enough time. However, the weather is also a factor.
- Condensation and water bubbles are normal and not a sign of an entirely wrong installation. It takes about three months for the underside to dry, but you can still clean the windows.
- It is preferable to clean tinted windows in the morning or evening before the window panes become warm because window films reduce the amount of heat transfer and heat up during the day.
- You shouldn’t avoid cleaning your windows because this decreases their lifespan.
Contact American Solar Tinting today to explore the best window films for your home or business.
Contact American Solar Tinting Today for Security Window Film
American Solar Tinting has the expertise and equipment to keep your home or business decorative and beautiful with window film. We have almost 60 years of experience serving our wonderful customers without the Maryland and Washington, D.C. area. We offer a variety of solutions for you, whether you need residential window or glass tinting, logo graphics, or security films. For more information on how we can help you and your business, contact us online or give us a call at 1-800-969-0100. For more tips and tricks for your home and business, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Tags: tinted windows