Window graphics are a trendy design medium because they are bold and versatile, grabbing the attention of people who walk by and leading them into a store or business. Window graphics can be permanent or temporary, making them adaptable for various applications and environments.
Since there are so many options, selecting ideal window designs can be daunting. It’s best to consider design principles, marketing objectives, and legibility. It would also be best to consider the graphic quality. Window graphics are an excellent selection to support a storefront. However, how you design them can take your marketing efforts to the next level. Here is an ultimate guide that can lead you in the right direction.
Understand Your Options for Window Graphics
Window designs can be unique. However, they are also diverse regarding the products themselves. A few options include:
- Window clings: These thin graphics use suction to stay in place rather than adhesive. They are moveable, adjustable, and ideal for businesses that reorganize a lot, are rapidly expanding, or might have to change locations.
- Opaque and transparent decals: Decals are more permanent than clings and have an adhesive on one side, making them thicker. Since they are more permanent, a business owner cannot reposition them after placement. Store window decals come in low and high tac that supports various degrees of environmental stress. It’s also possible to put text on a transparent decal for simplified lettering or fill in the background with colors, a design, or an image for complete signage.
- Frosted decals: These decals replicate the appearance of etched glass and are ideal for creating subtle privacy options and decor. Stripes of a frosted decal or blocking out a window in a door creates an elegant and functional design.
Know Your Sizing
It’s best to check out the size of the area where you want to put the window graphic. If you’re looking for a full-scale window decal that fills the frame, ensure it reaches the edges and fits the size precisely for a clean, professional look. If you’re using the decal to display store hours on a door, ensure that it fits alongside your logo and any other existing signs.
Pay Attention to Color
When in doubt, use the color theory. Complementary versus analogous colors are better. Analogous colors are shades close to each other on the color wheel, while complementary colors provide a contrast. Black lettering on a white background is a perfect example of a distinction that works. Try to read red words on an orange background. You might have to squint your eyes when trying to do so.
Ensure that your customers can see your window graphics even if they aren’t right in front of your business. You also want to ensure that people will be able to notice your windows if there are foggy mornings or bright sun glare when lighting is inadequate.
Be Selective About Your Images
You want your window decals to stand out undeniably. However, you also don’t want to choose anything too busy or distracting. It’s also best not to put text in the wrong spot where you’ll create a low contrast. Of course, you also want to choose high-quality images overall.
Adhere to the Basic Design Principles
The basic design principles will never fail. These principles are:
- Alignment: ensuring that all elements align with each other
- Hierarchy: giving weight to essential features by using larger fonts
- Proximity: ensuring that elements aren’t crowding each other
- Repetition: Using your company’s signature font and colors when using multiple decals
- Contrast: using contrast effectively
- Balance: asymmetric designs become balanced; using contrast to balance out the image or negative space
- Color: Once again, using complementary colors
- Space: using negative space for visual advantages
Contact American Solar Tinting today if you want to transform an empty window or glass door into eye-capturing advertising space for your company logo, an informative sign with your operation hours, or a stunning work of art.
Contact American Solar Tinting Today for Security Window Film
American Solar Tinting has the expertise and equipment to keep your home or business decorative and beautiful with window film. We have almost 60 years of experience serving our wonderful customers without the Maryland and Washington, D.C. area. We offer a variety of solutions for you, whether you need residential window or glass tinting, logo graphics, or security films. For more information on how we can help you and your business, contact us online or give us a call at 1-800-969-0100. For more tips and tricks for your home and business, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.